For further information please contact:
Miss Kelly Martin
After School Club Manager
Job Description – After School Club - Playworker
Purpose of Post
To assist the Manager and Deputy Manager in providing a caring, secure environment, through individual attention and group activities, and to organise an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 3-11
1. Activity Planning
3. Supervision and Care of Children
4. Direct Playwork
Responsible To: Manager and Deputy Manager.
Hours of Work: 15.00 – 17.45, five afternoons per week during school term time.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To provide safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities including preparing activities, organisation programmes and arranging equipment.
2. To ensure that all activities are carried out within an equal opportunities framework.
3. To undertake any necessary training including a nationally recognised playwork foundation course.
1. To develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents to facilitate day-to-day caring needs.
2. To encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships.
3. To consult with the children and involve them in the planning of activities.
Supervision and care of children
1. Ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with statutory responsibilities.
2. Ensure that food provision is carried out within the guidelines of the Food Safety Act 1990, and is balanced and healthy in accordance with dietary requirements.
1. Help the Manager and Deputy Manager to ensure that a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities are offered.
2. Ensure that play meets the full range of children's individual and group needs.
1. To promote the aims and objectives of the club and use as a guide for daily activities.
2. Be aware of Staff Policies and Practices.
3. To ensure the provision of good standards of physical and emotional care.
4. To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
5. To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of the children.
6. To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials equipment.
7. Recording of any accidents in the accident book.
8. Ensure child is collected by someone known to the club.
9. To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
10. To ensure confidentially of information received.
11. To be aware of the high profile of the club and to uphold its standards at all times.
12. To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. Training, Staff Meetings, Summer Fair, Christmas Party.
13. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the manager.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
CLOSING DATE – 1st July 2021