Meadow Green Primary School is an inclusive school where all are welcome. We celebrate diversity and champion equality. Everybody who enters our school is to behave in a way which respects the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value
2. We recognise and respect difference
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
6. We have the highest expectations of all our children.
Meadow Green Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of education provision and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background. To achieve this, and to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:-