Welcome to Meadow Green Reception
In Reception we have 2 classes:
Blue Room - Mrs Bodfish
Yellow Room - Miss Devlin
- We are very keen on developing your children's confidence and independence as soon as they start with us.
- We encourage them to be responsible for their own belongings, having their own coat pegs, named trays, book and PE pump bags.
- Every day children will need to have in school a water bottle, a book bag (with reading book and reading record) and a named PE kit.
- We closely follow the Early Years Foundation stage Framework which guides us through the benchmarks for each age-group.
- We choose what to teach your child once we have established their interests and needs and base our topics around them.
(This year we have learnt about animals, stories and clothes amongst many other things!)
- We use a carefully-planned indoor space as well as our beautiful grounds for outdoor learning
- We use Letters and Sounds to teach phonics and place a high emphasis on maths skills